I was listening to the radio this past weekend and heard something that caught my attention. The DJ began discussing how her family is challenging themselves this week. The challenge? Not complaining for 48 hours. While some may think this challenge isn’t really a challenge at all, it had me thinking.
What if we didn’t complain? What if we focused on being more positive? More grateful? Even happier? After all, if we all focused on being more positive, we would all be a little more grateful.
For some, it’s so easy to complain. For some, it’s easy to focus on the positive. Hopefully these tips below can help you stay positive throughout this week. Who is ready to tackle it with me?!
- Analyze Yourself: Happiness comes from within. One tip I read (and love doing it) is writing down positive reminders. As you go about your day, write down any positive things that happened or something you’re grateful about. Don’t just write one, think about it as you travel about your day. It will make you think about every situation and will help you focus on staying positive. At the end of the day, re-read all the positive notes you wrote. You’ll start seeing positivity in each and every day!
- Surround Yourself With Positive People: Duh! This clearly obvious, but do you really surround yourself with positivity? Think about it. Whether it’s positive people, how you interact in the workplace, or even what you read/watch on TV – this is essential in living a positive life. If you’re around those who complain often, remind them to find the positive. I promise, there’s something positive in every situation.
- Make Healthier Decisions: Healthier decisions can make you a happier person. Whether it’s a healthy diet, staying active, or even limiting alcohol intake – each and every healthy decision you make is bound to have a positive outcome. Being a happier you – keeps you positive and happy.
- Find The Good In Everything: Seriously, there’s something good in everything. Find it – and don’t forget it!
- Encourage Each Other: Encouragement is powerful my friends. Lift each other up. Cheer each other on. Stop focusing on who is doing it better, and focus on doing it together.
I must admit, some of these may obvious but it’s always nice to have a quick reminder! Now that you’re focusing on the good – let’s tackle this week together. Happy Monday Friends!
PS – How fun is this pineapple planter? I picked up a lavender plant at Trader Joe’s this weekend and loving it together!